OOD DAY FOR:
President Obama and the first lady share a smooch on the kiss cam at the U.S. men's basketball game against Brazil. [The Daily What]
The Backstreet Boys are reportedly recording a new album, which will be released next spring. [New York]
Larry Page and Sergey Brin
A survey finds that Google+ users are happier with their social network experience than Facebook users are. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Passengers on four separate Delta flights are horrified to find sewing needles in their turkey sandwiches. [Consumerist]
Coming out to the Scouts
The Boy Scouts of America reaffirms its ban on gay members after a secret two-year review. [BuzzFeed]
7-Eleven stores in Singapore now dispense watery instant mashed potatoes and gravy out of a machine. [Death & Taxes]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 16, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week