GOOD DAY FOR:
President Obama and the first lady share a smooch on the kiss cam at the U.S. men's basketball game against Brazil. [The Daily What]
The Backstreet Boys are reportedly recording a new album, which will be released next spring. [New York]
Larry Page and Sergey Brin
A survey finds that Google+ users are happier with their social network experience than Facebook users are. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Passengers on four separate Delta flights are horrified to find sewing needles in their turkey sandwiches. [Consumerist]
Coming out to the Scouts
The Boy Scouts of America reaffirms its ban on gay members after a secret two-year review. [BuzzFeed]
7-Eleven stores in Singapore now dispense watery instant mashed potatoes and gravy out of a machine. [Death & Taxes]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 16, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week