GOOD DAY FOR:
President Obama and the first lady share a smooch on the kiss cam at the U.S. men's basketball game against Brazil. [The Daily What]
The Backstreet Boys are reportedly recording a new album, which will be released next spring. [New York]
Larry Page and Sergey Brin
A survey finds that Google+ users are happier with their social network experience than Facebook users are. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Passengers on four separate Delta flights are horrified to find sewing needles in their turkey sandwiches. [Consumerist]
Coming out to the Scouts
The Boy Scouts of America reaffirms its ban on gay members after a secret two-year review. [BuzzFeed]
7-Eleven stores in Singapore now dispense watery instant mashed potatoes and gravy out of a machine. [Death & Taxes]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 16, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week