GOOD DAY FOR:
President Obama and the first lady share a smooch on the kiss cam at the U.S. men's basketball game against Brazil. [The Daily What]
The Backstreet Boys are reportedly recording a new album, which will be released next spring. [New York]
Larry Page and Sergey Brin
A survey finds that Google+ users are happier with their social network experience than Facebook users are. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Passengers on four separate Delta flights are horrified to find sewing needles in their turkey sandwiches. [Consumerist]
Coming out to the Scouts
The Boy Scouts of America reaffirms its ban on gay members after a secret two-year review. [BuzzFeed]
7-Eleven stores in Singapore now dispense watery instant mashed potatoes and gravy out of a machine. [Death & Taxes]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 16, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week