GOOD DAY FOR:
President Obama and the first lady share a smooch on the kiss cam at the U.S. men's basketball game against Brazil. [The Daily What]
The Backstreet Boys are reportedly recording a new album, which will be released next spring. [New York]
Larry Page and Sergey Brin
A survey finds that Google+ users are happier with their social network experience than Facebook users are. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Passengers on four separate Delta flights are horrified to find sewing needles in their turkey sandwiches. [Consumerist]
Coming out to the Scouts
The Boy Scouts of America reaffirms its ban on gay members after a secret two-year review. [BuzzFeed]
7-Eleven stores in Singapore now dispense watery instant mashed potatoes and gravy out of a machine. [Death & Taxes]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 16, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
Subscribe to the Week