The former South African president and anti-apartheid icon celebrates his 94th birthday Wednesday. July 18 has been designated as International Nelson Mandela Day, and South Africans and people around the world are asked to dedicate 67 minutes on this day to helping others in recognition of the 67 years Mandela spent working to the improve other peoples' lives.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week