he former South African president and anti-apartheid icon celebrates his 94th birthday Wednesday. July 18 has been designated as International Nelson Mandela Day, and South Africans and people around the world are asked to dedicate 67 minutes on this day to helping others in recognition of the 67 years Mandela spent working to the improve other peoples' lives.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week