Officials say that a suicide bomber carrying a fake U.S. ID — a Michigan driver's license — is to blame for an attack on an Israeli tour bus in Bulgaria that killed seven — six Israeli tourists and the Bulgarian bus driver — and injured dozens more. Israel was quick to blame Iran and Hezbollah, the Lebanese militant group. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu promised a "forceful response" to the attack. No group has claimed responsibility for the bombing. Video footage of the bomber "shows him in the airport earlier wandering back and forth, following the group, looking nervous." Police are checking his fingerprints in international databases, and analyzing his DNA.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 12 holiday gifts for the hardest-to-shop-for people on your list
Subscribe to the Week