Officials say that a suicide bomber carrying a fake U.S. ID — a Michigan driver's license — is to blame for an attack on an Israeli tour bus in Bulgaria that killed seven — six Israeli tourists and the Bulgarian bus driver — and injured dozens more. Israel was quick to blame Iran and Hezbollah, the Lebanese militant group. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu promised a "forceful response" to the attack. No group has claimed responsibility for the bombing. Video footage of the bomber "shows him in the airport earlier wandering back and forth, following the group, looking nervous." Police are checking his fingerprints in international databases, and analyzing his DNA.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week