Officials say that a suicide bomber carrying a fake U.S. ID — a Michigan driver's license — is to blame for an attack on an Israeli tour bus in Bulgaria that killed seven — six Israeli tourists and the Bulgarian bus driver — and injured dozens more. Israel was quick to blame Iran and Hezbollah, the Lebanese militant group. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu promised a "forceful response" to the attack. No group has claimed responsibility for the bombing. Video footage of the bomber "shows him in the airport earlier wandering back and forth, following the group, looking nervous." Police are checking his fingerprints in international databases, and analyzing his DNA.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week