Officials say that a suicide bomber carrying a fake U.S. ID — a Michigan driver's license — is to blame for an attack on an Israeli tour bus in Bulgaria that killed seven — six Israeli tourists and the Bulgarian bus driver — and injured dozens more. Israel was quick to blame Iran and Hezbollah, the Lebanese militant group. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu promised a "forceful response" to the attack. No group has claimed responsibility for the bombing. Video footage of the bomber "shows him in the airport earlier wandering back and forth, following the group, looking nervous." Police are checking his fingerprints in international databases, and analyzing his DNA.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
Subscribe to the Week