How darkness took over our culture
That's dark: From The Dark Knight Rises to Mountain Dew Dark Berry to Woolite Extra Dark Care, Eric Hynes at Slate examines how darkness has permeated our culture
The Dark Knight Rises is no brightly painted comic book blockbuster, and it's part of trend towards murky and edgy cultural products, cleaning liquids, and even soft drinks.
Facebook.com/The Dark Knight Rises
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Repealing ObamaCare would now mean kicking 4.2 million people off their new insurance plans
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
Subscribe to the Week