How darkness took over our culture
That's dark: From The Dark Knight Rises to Mountain Dew Dark Berry to Woolite Extra Dark Care, Eric Hynes at Slate examines how darkness has permeated our culture
The Dark Knight Rises is no brightly painted comic book blockbuster, and it's part of trend towards murky and edgy cultural products, cleaning liquids, and even soft drinks.
Facebook.com/The Dark Knight Rises
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week