How darkness took over our culture
That's dark: From The Dark Knight Rises to Mountain Dew Dark Berry to Woolite Extra Dark Care, Eric Hynes at Slate examines how darkness has permeated our culture
The Dark Knight Rises is no brightly painted comic book blockbuster, and it's part of trend towards murky and edgy cultural products, cleaning liquids, and even soft drinks.
Facebook.com/The Dark Knight Rises
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week