How darkness took over our culture
That's dark: From The Dark Knight Rises to Mountain Dew Dark Berry to Woolite Extra Dark Care, Eric Hynes at Slate examines how darkness has permeated our culture
The Dark Knight Rises is no brightly painted comic book blockbuster, and it's part of trend towards murky and edgy cultural products, cleaning liquids, and even soft drinks.
Facebook.com/The Dark Knight Rises
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week