Police have arrested a man suspected of opening fire at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., during an early Friday morning screening of The Dark Knight Rises. At first police reported that 14 people had died, but then later changed that number to at least 12 people. At least 50 others were injured. The heavily armed suspect, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was apprehended by police in a parking lot at the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN. The identity of the suspect was not immediately released. All of the wounded suffered gunshot wounds.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week