Syrian state media reports the Gen. Hisham Ikhtiyar has died from wounds suffered in Wednesday's bombing at the national security headquarters. He's the fourth member of President Bashar al-Assad's inner circle to have died from the bombing. The deputy defense minister, defense minister, and a former defense minister were also killed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week