Syrian state media reports the Gen. Hisham Ikhtiyar has died from wounds suffered in Wednesday's bombing at the national security headquarters. He's the fourth member of President Bashar al-Assad's inner circle to have died from the bombing. The deputy defense minister, defense minister, and a former defense minister were also killed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- Stop your unpatriotic fearmongering over ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week