With the help of a robot, bomb experts in Aurora, Colo., have successfully disarmed and removed all explosives from the "booby-trapped" apartment of James Holmes, the alleged gunman in The Dark Knight Rises shootings, which left 12 dead and over 50 people injured. Authorities say the unit, outfitted with trip wires and explosives, was rigged to kill the first person who opened the front door, presumably a police officer. The police say they hope to let the people who were evacuated from Holmes' building and neighboring complexes to return to their homes starting Sunday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The week's best photojournalism
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week