ith the help of a robot, bomb experts in Aurora, Colo., have successfully disarmed and removed all explosives from the "booby-trapped" apartment of James Holmes, the alleged gunman in The Dark Knight Rises shootings, which left 12 dead and over 50 people injured. Authorities say the unit, outfitted with trip wires and explosives, was rigged to kill the first person who opened the front door, presumably a police officer. The police say they hope to let the people who were evacuated from Holmes' building and neighboring complexes to return to their homes starting Sunday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Bill O'Reilly: Obama's comedy is unpresidential, because Abe Lincoln
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week