Sony, Fox, Disney, Universal, Fox, Paramount, and Lionsgate banded together with Warner Bros. — the distributor of The Dark Knight Rises — in delaying the release of weekend box office numbers until Monday, out of respect for the victim's of Friday's movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo. The film is expected to be among the most lucrative movie openings and could possibly contend with the record $207.4 million brought in by The Avengers.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week