Syrian opposition forces are battling government forces in Aleppo, Syria's largest city, after seizing some of the country's border crossings with Turkey and Iraq. The escalating conflict has caused thousands to flee to neighboring countries. Rebels have already gained control of three neighborhoods in Aleppo, and government forces intensified shelling of the city, Al Jazeera television reported.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week