yrian opposition forces are battling government forces in Aleppo, Syria's largest city, after seizing some of the country's border crossings with Turkey and Iraq. The escalating conflict has caused thousands to flee to neighboring countries. Rebels have already gained control of three neighborhoods in Aleppo, and government forces intensified shelling of the city, Al Jazeera television reported.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week