yrian opposition forces are battling government forces in Aleppo, Syria's largest city, after seizing some of the country's border crossings with Turkey and Iraq. The escalating conflict has caused thousands to flee to neighboring countries. Rebels have already gained control of three neighborhoods in Aleppo, and government forces intensified shelling of the city, Al Jazeera television reported.
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- Why Americans care about Rob Ford's drug abuse but not Nigella Lawson's
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week