he heaviest rains to hit Beijing in more than six decades have killed 10 people and forced the evacuation of some 50,000 others. More than 80,000 travelers are also stranded, as Beijing's international airport has canceled hundreds of flights. An average of 17 centimeters (6.6 inches) of rain has falling, but in some areas the deluge has amounted to about 46 centimeters (18 inches).
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Is it possible to live forever?
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
Subscribe to the Week