senior Arab League official says the organization plans to offer Syrian President Bashar al-Assad a "safe exit" if he quickly steps down and leaves Syria. In recent months, various nations have unsuccessfully offered Assad asylum in exchange for his resignation. One analyst says that there is "absolutely zero" likelihood that Assad will accept such a deal. On Sunday, 111 people reportedly died in violence across Syria.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Your financial to-do list for December
- The executioners' lament
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week