A senior Arab League official says the organization plans to offer Syrian President Bashar al-Assad a "safe exit" if he quickly steps down and leaves Syria. In recent months, various nations have unsuccessfully offered Assad asylum in exchange for his resignation. One analyst says that there is "absolutely zero" likelihood that Assad will accept such a deal. On Sunday, 111 people reportedly died in violence across Syria.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week