A senior Arab League official says the organization plans to offer Syrian President Bashar al-Assad a "safe exit" if he quickly steps down and leaves Syria. In recent months, various nations have unsuccessfully offered Assad asylum in exchange for his resignation. One analyst says that there is "absolutely zero" likelihood that Assad will accept such a deal. On Sunday, 111 people reportedly died in violence across Syria.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week