senior Arab League official says the organization plans to offer Syrian President Bashar al-Assad a "safe exit" if he quickly steps down and leaves Syria. In recent months, various nations have unsuccessfully offered Assad asylum in exchange for his resignation. One analyst says that there is "absolutely zero" likelihood that Assad will accept such a deal. On Sunday, 111 people reportedly died in violence across Syria.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Easter's deadly Ukrainian checkpoint battle makes no sense
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week