James Holmes, the 24-year-old suspect in the Friday morning shooting at an Aurora, Colo., movie theater that left 12 dead and 58 injured, will appear in court on Monday morning. Holmes is accused of entering the theater armed with gas cannisters and assault weapons, and launching an attack on a crowd of people watching a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises. Holmes surrendered to police after the attack, but he is reportedly now being uncooperative with police.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- Barack Obama's futile attempt to be a modern-day George Washington
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week