The 10 emptiest cities in the U.S.: A slideshow
From the empty homes of Toledo, Ohio, to the abandoned warehouses of Detroit, here's a look at America's most alarmingly vacated cities
A vacant building sits on an empty street corner in Detroit's Greektown: One-fourth of the Motor City's residents left town in the last 10 years.
CC BY: Rick Harris
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week