The 10 emptiest cities in the U.S.: A slideshow
From the empty homes of Toledo, Ohio, to the abandoned warehouses of Detroit, here's a look at America's most alarmingly vacated cities
A vacant building sits on an empty street corner in Detroit's Greektown: One-fourth of the Motor City's residents left town in the last 10 years.
CC BY: Rick Harris
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week