n Tuesday, the Syrian regime said that foreign media had misinterpreted comments made by spokesman Jihad Makdissi, regarding Syria's threat to use chemical weapons against outside aggressors. Officials in Washington say the statement is the most "direct confirmation" yet that Syria has an arsenal of unconventional arms, but the regime insists that the comments were not meant as a "declaration of possessing non-traditional weapons." According to the rebel Free Syrian Army, regime forces recently moved their stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week