n Tuesday, the Syrian regime said that foreign media had misinterpreted comments made by spokesman Jihad Makdissi, regarding Syria's threat to use chemical weapons against outside aggressors. Officials in Washington say the statement is the most "direct confirmation" yet that Syria has an arsenal of unconventional arms, but the regime insists that the comments were not meant as a "declaration of possessing non-traditional weapons." According to the rebel Free Syrian Army, regime forces recently moved their stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week