n Tuesday, the Syrian regime said that foreign media had misinterpreted comments made by spokesman Jihad Makdissi, regarding Syria's threat to use chemical weapons against outside aggressors. Officials in Washington say the statement is the most "direct confirmation" yet that Syria has an arsenal of unconventional arms, but the regime insists that the comments were not meant as a "declaration of possessing non-traditional weapons." According to the rebel Free Syrian Army, regime forces recently moved their stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week