The rare case of the mother whose cancer spread to her unborn daughter
Roughly 1 in 1,000 women get cancer while pregnant. But, usually, even the most aggressive cancers never penetrate the fetus
An ultrasound image of a fetus just over nine weeks: In Ohio, two fetuses will "testify" in support of an anti-abortion law.
CC BY: Abigail Batchelder
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week