The rare case of the mother whose cancer spread to her unborn daughter
Roughly 1 in 1,000 women get cancer while pregnant. But, usually, even the most aggressive cancers never penetrate the fetus
An ultrasound image of a fetus just over nine weeks: In Ohio, two fetuses will "testify" in support of an anti-abortion law.
CC BY: Abigail Batchelder
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week