The rare case of the mother whose cancer spread to her unborn daughter
Roughly 1 in 1,000 women get cancer while pregnant. But, usually, even the most aggressive cancers never penetrate the fetus
An ultrasound image of a fetus just over nine weeks: In Ohio, two fetuses will "testify" in support of an anti-abortion law.
CC BY: Abigail Batchelder
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week