The rare case of the mother whose cancer spread to her unborn daughter
Roughly 1 in 1,000 women get cancer while pregnant. But, usually, even the most aggressive cancers never penetrate the fetus
An ultrasound image of a fetus just over nine weeks: In Ohio, two fetuses will "testify" in support of an anti-abortion law.
CC BY: Abigail Batchelder
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week