A law enforcement official says the apartment of Colorado's Dark Knight Rises shooting suspect James Holmes was rigged with more than 30 homemade grenades and 10 gallons of gasoline to "enhance the thermal effect of the explosion." The official says the setup resembled those often found in Afghanistan and Iraq. Meanwhile, three men have been arrested in separate incidents for threats they made related to the Aurora, Colo., shootings. One of them, a Southern California man, was arrested after witnesses said he made threats and alluded to the Colorado massacre while he was in a theater waiting to see the film, which had failed to start.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America's most surprising banned books
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week