A law enforcement official says the apartment of Colorado's Dark Knight Rises shooting suspect James Holmes was rigged with more than 30 homemade grenades and 10 gallons of gasoline to "enhance the thermal effect of the explosion." The official says the setup resembled those often found in Afghanistan and Iraq. Meanwhile, three men have been arrested in separate incidents for threats they made related to the Aurora, Colo., shootings. One of them, a Southern California man, was arrested after witnesses said he made threats and alluded to the Colorado massacre while he was in a theater waiting to see the film, which had failed to start.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week