A law enforcement official says the apartment of Colorado's Dark Knight Rises shooting suspect James Holmes was rigged with more than 30 homemade grenades and 10 gallons of gasoline to "enhance the thermal effect of the explosion." The official says the setup resembled those often found in Afghanistan and Iraq. Meanwhile, three men have been arrested in separate incidents for threats they made related to the Aurora, Colo., shootings. One of them, a Southern California man, was arrested after witnesses said he made threats and alluded to the Colorado massacre while he was in a theater waiting to see the film, which had failed to start.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week