A law enforcement official says the apartment of Colorado's Dark Knight Rises shooting suspect James Holmes was rigged with more than 30 homemade grenades and 10 gallons of gasoline to "enhance the thermal effect of the explosion." The official says the setup resembled those often found in Afghanistan and Iraq. Meanwhile, three men have been arrested in separate incidents for threats they made related to the Aurora, Colo., shootings. One of them, a Southern California man, was arrested after witnesses said he made threats and alluded to the Colorado massacre while he was in a theater waiting to see the film, which had failed to start.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week