pple on Tuesday reported a net income of $8.8 billion for the third quarter of 2012, up from $7.3 billion the previous year. However, the report did not meet investors' outsized expectations, and Apple's share price fell slightly in after-hours trading. While iPhone sales increased 28 percent from last year, sales slowed as customers held off on buying phones in anticipation of the new iPhone, which is set to be unveiled in the fall. Apple's iPad had a strong quarter, bringing in revenue of $9.2 billion, up from $6.1 billion in 2011.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- The executioners' lament
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week