iot police and protesters clashed in Anaheim, Calif., for the fourth night in a row, prompting the town's city council to vote unanimously to ask the U.S. Attorney's Office to investigate recent shootings by police officers that left two men dead over the weekend, including one, Manuel Diaz, who was unarmed. These two deaths bring the tally of shootings by police officers in the Orange County city to six so far this year, up from four a year before. The police union issued a statement defending the officers involved, and said both men killed were gang members who had criminal records. At least 24 people have been arrested in the protests, in which demonstrators are setting fire to trash cans, throwing rocks and bottles at police, and ignoring warnings that they should disperse.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week