Jeffersons star Sherman Hemsley dies
Sherman Hemsley, the great comic actor known for playing George Jefferson on the classic sitcom The Jeffersons, passed away Tuesday. Hemsley was 74, and a cause of death was not given.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week