The mystery woman who's been accompanying North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in recent weeks is, it turns out, his wife. The mystery woman was first thought to be Kim's "long-lost sister," then a singer known for hits such as "Excellent Horse-like Lady." Now she has been identified by Korean state media as one Ri Sol Ju, though it's unclear when the couple was married and, since little is known about her, she still qualifies as a "mystery." By appearing in public with her, the relatively enlightened young Kim is further distancing himself from his father, who was never seen with his wife.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
Subscribe to the Week