he mystery woman who's been accompanying North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in recent weeks is, it turns out, his wife. The mystery woman was first thought to be Kim's "long-lost sister," then a singer known for hits such as "Excellent Horse-like Lady." Now she has been identified by Korean state media as one Ri Sol Ju, though it's unclear when the couple was married and, since little is known about her, she still qualifies as a "mystery." By appearing in public with her, the relatively enlightened young Kim is further distancing himself from his father, who was never seen with his wife.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week