The surprising British origins of the modern Olympic games
The 19th century restoration of the Olympic games may not have occurred without the efforts of the British, says Tony Perrottet at Slate
The 2012 London Summer Olympics logo has been interpreted in a variety of ways; so does it look Lisa Simpson, or a Nazi symbol?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week