The surprising British origins of the modern Olympic games
The 19th century restoration of the Olympic games may not have occurred without the efforts of the British, says Tony Perrottet at Slate
The 2012 London Summer Olympics logo has been interpreted in a variety of ways; so does it look Lisa Simpson, or a Nazi symbol?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week