The surprising British origins of the modern Olympic games
The 19th century restoration of the Olympic games may not have occurred without the efforts of the British, says Tony Perrottet at Slate
The 2012 London Summer Olympics logo has been interpreted in a variety of ways; so does it look Lisa Simpson, or a Nazi symbol?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
Subscribe to the Week