The surprising British origins of the modern Olympic games
The 19th century restoration of the Olympic games may not have occurred without the efforts of the British, says Tony Perrottet at Slate
The 2012 London Summer Olympics logo has been interpreted in a variety of ways; so does it look Lisa Simpson, or a Nazi symbol?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week