OOD DAY FOR:
New York has reportedly made $259 million on gay marriages (and associated tourism, parties, and so on) since the state legalized them a year ago. [Newser]
A Massachusetts personal trainer turns his pickup truck into a mobile gym that he will park in your driveway. [Consumerist]
Cloned canines conceiving
A cloned dog gives birth to a litter of puppies, further extending the legacy of the owners' original Golden Labrador retriever. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Twilight co-stars and and real-life couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson hit a bump in their relationship when Us Weekly publishes photos of Stewart canoodling with her Snow White and the Huntsman director. Stewart later publicly apologizes to Pattinson. [New York]
Looking like Santa Claus
A Georgia man is scolded by staff at Disney World for causing "confusion" because his jolly, white-bearded appearance caused many park-goers to mistake him for Santa Claus. [Huffington Post]
Preferring scripture to S&M
A British hotel replaces the traditional bedside Bible with copies of infamous "mommy porn" novel Fifty Shades of Grey. [Death & Taxes]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week