GOOD DAY FOR:
New York has reportedly made $259 million on gay marriages (and associated tourism, parties, and so on) since the state legalized them a year ago. [Newser]
A Massachusetts personal trainer turns his pickup truck into a mobile gym that he will park in your driveway. [Consumerist]
Cloned canines conceiving
A cloned dog gives birth to a litter of puppies, further extending the legacy of the owners' original Golden Labrador retriever. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Twilight co-stars and and real-life couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson hit a bump in their relationship when Us Weekly publishes photos of Stewart canoodling with her Snow White and the Huntsman director. Stewart later publicly apologizes to Pattinson. [New York]
Looking like Santa Claus
A Georgia man is scolded by staff at Disney World for causing "confusion" because his jolly, white-bearded appearance caused many park-goers to mistake him for Santa Claus. [Huffington Post]
Preferring scripture to S&M
A British hotel replaces the traditional bedside Bible with copies of infamous "mommy porn" novel Fifty Shades of Grey. [Death & Taxes]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week