GOOD DAY FOR:
New York has reportedly made $259 million on gay marriages (and associated tourism, parties, and so on) since the state legalized them a year ago. [Newser]
A Massachusetts personal trainer turns his pickup truck into a mobile gym that he will park in your driveway. [Consumerist]
Cloned canines conceiving
A cloned dog gives birth to a litter of puppies, further extending the legacy of the owners' original Golden Labrador retriever. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Twilight co-stars and and real-life couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson hit a bump in their relationship when Us Weekly publishes photos of Stewart canoodling with her Snow White and the Huntsman director. Stewart later publicly apologizes to Pattinson. [New York]
Looking like Santa Claus
A Georgia man is scolded by staff at Disney World for causing "confusion" because his jolly, white-bearded appearance caused many park-goers to mistake him for Santa Claus. [Huffington Post]
Preferring scripture to S&M
A British hotel replaces the traditional bedside Bible with copies of infamous "mommy porn" novel Fifty Shades of Grey. [Death & Taxes]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
Subscribe to the Week