GOOD DAY FOR:
New York has reportedly made $259 million on gay marriages (and associated tourism, parties, and so on) since the state legalized them a year ago. [Newser]
A Massachusetts personal trainer turns his pickup truck into a mobile gym that he will park in your driveway. [Consumerist]
Cloned canines conceiving
A cloned dog gives birth to a litter of puppies, further extending the legacy of the owners' original Golden Labrador retriever. [The Daily What]
BAD DAY FOR:
Twilight co-stars and and real-life couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson hit a bump in their relationship when Us Weekly publishes photos of Stewart canoodling with her Snow White and the Huntsman director. Stewart later publicly apologizes to Pattinson. [New York]
Looking like Santa Claus
A Georgia man is scolded by staff at Disney World for causing "confusion" because his jolly, white-bearded appearance caused many park-goers to mistake him for Santa Claus. [Huffington Post]
Preferring scripture to S&M
A British hotel replaces the traditional bedside Bible with copies of infamous "mommy porn" novel Fifty Shades of Grey. [Death & Taxes]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week