Alleged Aurora gunman James Holmes mailed a notebook "full of details about how he was going to kill people" to a University of Colorado psychiatrist before the July 20 attack that left 12 dead and 58 injured. The package apparently remained unopened in a mailroom for as long as a week before it was discovered Monday. "There were drawings of what he was going to do in it — drawings and illustrations of the massacre," a law enforcement source told Fox News. The sketches in the notebook, which is now in the possession of the FBI, included a stick figure shooting at other stick figures. It's not yet known whether Holmes had ever contacted the psychiatrist before sending the package.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Why insects are the future of food
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
Subscribe to the Week