Online social gaming company Zynga, creator of time-sucks like Farmville and Words with Friends, reported a $22.8 million loss for the second quarter on Wednesday. Shares of the company fell 40 percent in after-hours trading. The big loss does not bode well for Facebook, which depends heavily on Zynga for revenue and is set to post earnings Thursday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week