Online social gaming company Zynga, creator of time-sucks like Farmville and Words with Friends, reported a $22.8 million loss for the second quarter on Wednesday. Shares of the company fell 40 percent in after-hours trading. The big loss does not bode well for Facebook, which depends heavily on Zynga for revenue and is set to post earnings Thursday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week