Online social gaming company Zynga, creator of time-sucks like Farmville and Words with Friends, reported a $22.8 million loss for the second quarter on Wednesday. Shares of the company fell 40 percent in after-hours trading. The big loss does not bode well for Facebook, which depends heavily on Zynga for revenue and is set to post earnings Thursday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week