Online social gaming company Zynga, creator of time-sucks like Farmville and Words with Friends, reported a $22.8 million loss for the second quarter on Wednesday. Shares of the company fell 40 percent in after-hours trading. The big loss does not bode well for Facebook, which depends heavily on Zynga for revenue and is set to post earnings Thursday.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week