OOD DAY FOR:
Three little bears
A couple rescues three bear cubs from a dumpster they were trapped in. [BuzzFeed]
A 60-year-old man becomes a father, grandfather, and great-grandfather in the span of three months when his wife, daughter, and granddaughter all give birth to boys. [The Daily What]
Showing some skin
Despite a new rule that lets relatively modest female Olympic volleyball players compete in shorts and T-shirts instead of the standard bikini uniform, the U.S. team vows to continue to spike in bikinis. [Jezebel]
BAD DAY FOR:
An angry driver tries to run over a pedestrian because he "didn't like the plaid jacket he was wearing." [Newser]
A customer at London's Playboy Club drops and shatters a $77,000 bottle of scotch, one of the world's most expensive bottles of liquor. [Death & Taxes]
A plane carrying a "Will you marry me?" banner takes a nosedive and crashes off the coast of Rhode Island. [TIME]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 25, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week