GOOD DAY FOR:
Three little bears
A couple rescues three bear cubs from a dumpster they were trapped in. [BuzzFeed]
A 60-year-old man becomes a father, grandfather, and great-grandfather in the span of three months when his wife, daughter, and granddaughter all give birth to boys. [The Daily What]
Showing some skin
Despite a new rule that lets relatively modest female Olympic volleyball players compete in shorts and T-shirts instead of the standard bikini uniform, the U.S. team vows to continue to spike in bikinis. [Jezebel]
BAD DAY FOR:
An angry driver tries to run over a pedestrian because he "didn't like the plaid jacket he was wearing." [Newser]
A customer at London's Playboy Club drops and shatters a $77,000 bottle of scotch, one of the world's most expensive bottles of liquor. [Death & Taxes]
A plane carrying a "Will you marry me?" banner takes a nosedive and crashes off the coast of Rhode Island. [TIME]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 25, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Painting the universe's portrait
Subscribe to the Week