he start of the women's soccer competition was overshadowed by an error when organizers accidentally displayed the flag of South Korea instead of that of North Korea on the scoreboard before the start of the game. Outraged, the North Korean team left the field in protest, and even considered withdrawing from the tournament before they ultimately decided to take the field and play their game against Colombia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
Subscribe to the Week