The start of the women's soccer competition was overshadowed by an error when organizers accidentally displayed the flag of South Korea instead of that of North Korea on the scoreboard before the start of the game. Outraged, the North Korean team left the field in protest, and even considered withdrawing from the tournament before they ultimately decided to take the field and play their game against Colombia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week