The start of the women's soccer competition was overshadowed by an error when organizers accidentally displayed the flag of South Korea instead of that of North Korea on the scoreboard before the start of the game. Outraged, the North Korean team left the field in protest, and even considered withdrawing from the tournament before they ultimately decided to take the field and play their game against Colombia.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- How Pope Francis could turn out to be a stealth reformer
Subscribe to the Week