ccording to government estimates, by the end of 2020, more than half of Americans with the HIV virus will be over 50. At the International AIDS Conference this week, a number of studies focused on how health issues common to seniors, like heart disease and brittle bones, tend to affect HIV-positive people earlier than seniors who are HIV-negative.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
Subscribe to the Week