The Obama campaign, which has focused many of its swing-state ads on attacking Republican Mitt Romney, will run a feel-good ad during NBC's broadcast of the Opening Ceremony on Friday evening. (NBC's tape-delayed broadcast coverage begins at 7:30 p.m. ET.) The president's ad, titled "I Believe," focuses on "workers, doers, and dreamers," and emphasizes the importance of growing the economy "from the middle out."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
Subscribe to the Week