outh Korean archer Im Dong Hyun — who is legally classified as blind, and cannot see out of his right eye — posted the first world record of the London Olympics, notching a score of 699 in the 72-arrow competition on Friday, besting his own world record of 696. The two-time gold medalist also led his teammates to a second world record for the team event.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week