outh Korean archer Im Dong Hyun — who is legally classified as blind, and cannot see out of his right eye — posted the first world record of the London Olympics, notching a score of 699 in the 72-arrow competition on Friday, besting his own world record of 696. The two-time gold medalist also led his teammates to a second world record for the team event.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Lessons from Lincoln: 5 leadership tips history and science agree on
- How Captain America won over China
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week