new survey from Gallup shows that 59 percent of Americans plan to watch "a great deal" or "fair amount" of the London games — approximately the same percentage of the country that watched the last three Summer Olympics. But despite NBC's plans to livestream thousands of hours of coverage online, 85 percent of Americans who plan to watch the games say they will do so only or mostly on TV, while only 4 percent of people plan to watch only or mostly online.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week