A new survey from Gallup shows that 59 percent of Americans plan to watch "a great deal" or "fair amount" of the London games — approximately the same percentage of the country that watched the last three Summer Olympics. But despite NBC's plans to livestream thousands of hours of coverage online, 85 percent of Americans who plan to watch the games say they will do so only or mostly on TV, while only 4 percent of people plan to watch only or mostly online.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
Subscribe to the Week