new survey from Gallup shows that 59 percent of Americans plan to watch "a great deal" or "fair amount" of the London games — approximately the same percentage of the country that watched the last three Summer Olympics. But despite NBC's plans to livestream thousands of hours of coverage online, 85 percent of Americans who plan to watch the games say they will do so only or mostly on TV, while only 4 percent of people plan to watch only or mostly online.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- The last racial taboo
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Watch The Daily Show roll its eyes at outrage over Obama's handshake with Raul Castro
Subscribe to the Week