new survey from Gallup shows that 59 percent of Americans plan to watch "a great deal" or "fair amount" of the London games — approximately the same percentage of the country that watched the last three Summer Olympics. But despite NBC's plans to livestream thousands of hours of coverage online, 85 percent of Americans who plan to watch the games say they will do so only or mostly on TV, while only 4 percent of people plan to watch only or mostly online.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week