eBron James has waded into a fierce debate, backing U.S. basketball teammate Kobe Bryant in the provocative claim that this year's undersized squad could beat the 1992 Dream Team that boasted Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and eight other Hall of Famers. "The '92 Dream Team paved the way for all of us," James said. "We understand what they did for our game, but we also are big-time competitors as well, so if we got the opportunity to play them in a game we feel like we would win too." After Bryant made a similar claim two weeks ago, Jordan told the AP he laughed over the youngster's boasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Repealing ObamaCare would now mean kicking 4.2 million people off their new insurance plans
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week