eBron James has waded into a fierce debate, backing U.S. basketball teammate Kobe Bryant in the provocative claim that this year's undersized squad could beat the 1992 Dream Team that boasted Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and eight other Hall of Famers. "The '92 Dream Team paved the way for all of us," James said. "We understand what they did for our game, but we also are big-time competitors as well, so if we got the opportunity to play them in a game we feel like we would win too." After Bryant made a similar claim two weeks ago, Jordan told the AP he laughed over the youngster's boasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week