LeBron James has waded into a fierce debate, backing U.S. basketball teammate Kobe Bryant in the provocative claim that this year's undersized squad could beat the 1992 Dream Team that boasted Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and eight other Hall of Famers. "The '92 Dream Team paved the way for all of us," James said. "We understand what they did for our game, but we also are big-time competitors as well, so if we got the opportunity to play them in a game we feel like we would win too." After Bryant made a similar claim two weeks ago, Jordan told the AP he laughed over the youngster's boasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The next pandemic
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- 5 deliciously creative oats recipes
- The dangers of our passionless American life
Subscribe to the Week