LeBron James has waded into a fierce debate, backing U.S. basketball teammate Kobe Bryant in the provocative claim that this year's undersized squad could beat the 1992 Dream Team that boasted Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, and eight other Hall of Famers. "The '92 Dream Team paved the way for all of us," James said. "We understand what they did for our game, but we also are big-time competitors as well, so if we got the opportunity to play them in a game we feel like we would win too." After Bryant made a similar claim two weeks ago, Jordan told the AP he laughed over the youngster's boasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week