OOD DAY FOR:
Director Robert Rodriguez reveals on Twitter that Lady Gaga will make her big-screen acting debut in his upcoming film Machete Kills. [The Daily]
Reaching crustacean retirement age
A Connecticut man pays big bucks to save a lobster — estimated to be 70 to 100 years old — from being boiled for dinner. [Discovery News]
Appropriate baby names
The Smithsonian National Zoo in Washington, D.C., announces that it will name a pair of baby cheetah cubs after the fastest American Olympians in the 100-meter dash. [BuzzFeed]
BAD DAY FOR:
Madonna is booed by fans in Paris who demand a refund after she performs a fleeting 45-minute set. [Newser]
A new study finds that music today is louder and far less diverse in terms of chords and melodies than it was 50 years ago. [Business Insider]
Less than a week after a gunman massacres a dozen people in a dark movie theater, comedian Dane Cook offends fans by making a tasteless joke about the Aurora shooting in his stand-up act. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 26, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week