merican swimmer Ryan Lochte easily won the gold in Saturday's 400-meter individual medley, finishing more than three seconds ahead of silver medalist Thiago Pereira (Brazil) and bronze medalist Kosuke Hagino (Japan). American swimming legend Michael Phelps, who had medaled in his last 16 Olympic races, and won gold in 14 of them, finished fourth, and only barely managed to make the final race at all after struggling in the morning's preliminary swim.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- How any actor (even a really nice one) can play a truly evil villain like King Joffrey
Subscribe to the Week