merican swimmer Ryan Lochte easily won the gold in Saturday's 400-meter individual medley, finishing more than three seconds ahead of silver medalist Thiago Pereira (Brazil) and bronze medalist Kosuke Hagino (Japan). American swimming legend Michael Phelps, who had medaled in his last 16 Olympic races, and won gold in 14 of them, finished fourth, and only barely managed to make the final race at all after struggling in the morning's preliminary swim.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
Subscribe to the Week