fter an opening day of events during which huge swaths of seats at premier venues were embarrassingly empty, Olympic organizers promised to investigate and figure out ways to make sure seats are filled, even if tickets are given away for free. Officials said they believed the bulk of the no-shows were guests of corporate sponsors.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week