According to people briefed on the matter, Apple has talked with Twitter in recent months to discuss making a strategic investment in the social media company. While Apple has had huge success selling its smartphones and tablets, it has made little headway in the social networking arena, "which has become a major engine of activity on the web and on mobile devices." Apple is reportedly considering an investment in the hundreds of millions of dollars, one that could value Twitter at more than $10 billion, up from an $8.4 billion valuation last year.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The demagoguery of Ted Cruz and his cheerleaders in the conservative media
Subscribe to the Week