According to people briefed on the matter, Apple has talked with Twitter in recent months to discuss making a strategic investment in the social media company. While Apple has had huge success selling its smartphones and tablets, it has made little headway in the social networking arena, "which has become a major engine of activity on the web and on mobile devices." Apple is reportedly considering an investment in the hundreds of millions of dollars, one that could value Twitter at more than $10 billion, up from an $8.4 billion valuation last year.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
- Kim Jong Un's less responsible, Disney-obsessed older brother
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week