On Sunday, American swimmer Dana Vollmer won the gold medal in the women's 100-meter butterfly, and with a time of 55.98 seconds, nabbed the world record, which had previously stood at 56.06 seconds. "I'm on top of the world right now," Vollmer said. "I still know I can go faster."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
Subscribe to the Week