Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant led the U.S. men's basketball team with 22 points as the American squad beat the French 98-71 on Sunday. The American team started slowly, at one point leading just 22-21, before catching fire and opening a 52-36 halftime lead. French star Tony Parker, who is one of the best point guards in the NBA, had just 10 points and one assist.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week