Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant led the U.S. men's basketball team with 22 points as the American squad beat the French 98-71 on Sunday. The American team started slowly, at one point leading just 22-21, before catching fire and opening a 52-36 halftime lead. French star Tony Parker, who is one of the best point guards in the NBA, had just 10 points and one assist.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week