Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant led the U.S. men's basketball team with 22 points as the American squad beat the French 98-71 on Sunday. The American team started slowly, at one point leading just 22-21, before catching fire and opening a 52-36 halftime lead. French star Tony Parker, who is one of the best point guards in the NBA, had just 10 points and one assist.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
Subscribe to the Week