Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant led the U.S. men's basketball team with 22 points as the American squad beat the French 98-71 on Sunday. The American team started slowly, at one point leading just 22-21, before catching fire and opening a 52-36 halftime lead. French star Tony Parker, who is one of the best point guards in the NBA, had just 10 points and one assist.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week