Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant led the U.S. men's basketball team with 22 points as the American squad beat the French 98-71 on Sunday. The American team started slowly, at one point leading just 22-21, before catching fire and opening a 52-36 halftime lead. French star Tony Parker, who is one of the best point guards in the NBA, had just 10 points and one assist.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week