On Monday morning, Colorado prosecutors are expected to formally charge James Holmes in the Aurora theater shooting that left 12 dead and 58 wounded. The case is expected to be dominated by arguments over Holmes' sanity. "This is not a whodunit," says Craig Silverman, who served as a chief deputy district attorney in Denver. "The only possible defense is insanity."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week