n Israel Monday, Mitt Romney courted wealthy Jewish donors and told them that their culture was one of the reasons they have been more successful than their Palestinian counterparts. Palestinian leaders were incensed by the comments, calling them racist and out of touch. The World Bank and International Monetary Fund have repeatedly said that the Palestinian economy is severely hampered by Israeli restrictions. Romney has also angered Palestinians by saying that Jerusalem, not Tel Aviv, is the true capital of Israel.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week