Does hosting the Olympics really juice the local economy?
David Cameron says the London Games will boost Great Britain's ailing economy, says Matthew Yglesias at Slate, but the long-term benefits are iffy at best
Does hosting the olympics ever help your economy?
Julian Finney/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week