Does hosting the Olympics really juice the local economy?
David Cameron says the London Games will boost Great Britain's ailing economy, says Matthew Yglesias at Slate, but the long-term benefits are iffy at best
Does hosting the olympics ever help your economy?
Julian Finney/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week