Does hosting the Olympics really juice the local economy?
David Cameron says the London Games will boost Great Britain's ailing economy, says Matthew Yglesias at Slate, but the long-term benefits are iffy at best
Does hosting the olympics ever help your economy?
Julian Finney/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week