Does hosting the Olympics really juice the local economy?
David Cameron says the London Games will boost Great Britain's ailing economy, says Matthew Yglesias at Slate, but the long-term benefits are iffy at best
Does hosting the olympics ever help your economy?
Julian Finney/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week