ames Eagan Holmes was charged Monday with 24 counts of first-degree murder in the Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting that killed 12 people and injured 58 others. Colorado prosecutors also filed 116 counts of attempted murder against the 24-year-old ex-neuroscience student. Holmes, who is not expected to enter pleas today, "appeared just as dazed as he did in his first court appearance last week, but at one point exchanged a few words with one of his attorneys in the packed courtroom."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week