ames Eagan Holmes was charged Monday with 24 counts of first-degree murder in the Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting that killed 12 people and injured 58 others. Colorado prosecutors also filed 116 counts of attempted murder against the 24-year-old ex-neuroscience student. Holmes, who is not expected to enter pleas today, "appeared just as dazed as he did in his first court appearance last week, but at one point exchanged a few words with one of his attorneys in the packed courtroom."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- When will the Big One strike California?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week