ames Eagan Holmes was charged Monday with 24 counts of first-degree murder in the Aurora, Colo., movie theater shooting that killed 12 people and injured 58 others. Colorado prosecutors also filed 116 counts of attempted murder against the 24-year-old ex-neuroscience student. Holmes, who is not expected to enter pleas today, "appeared just as dazed as he did in his first court appearance last week, but at one point exchanged a few words with one of his attorneys in the packed courtroom."
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality
Subscribe to the Week