Former President Bill Clinton will give a primetime speech at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., on Wednesday, Sept. 5, and will reportedly be the one to place President Obama's name into nomination. Although the enduringly popular Clinton and Obama have had a famously rocky political relationship, "the campaign believes Clinton can deliver a forceful fiscal message that it hopes can resonate, especially with the middle class."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week