Former President Bill Clinton will give a primetime speech at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., on Wednesday, Sept. 5, and will reportedly be the one to place President Obama's name into nomination. Although the enduringly popular Clinton and Obama have had a famously rocky political relationship, "the campaign believes Clinton can deliver a forceful fiscal message that it hopes can resonate, especially with the middle class."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
Subscribe to the Week