OOD DAY FOR:
A divorced couple makes amends and re-marries after 50 years apart. [Death & Taxes]
Raising some dough
Philadelphia is set to open a pizza museum thanks to a successful crowd-funded Kickstarter campaign. [Tecca]
A panda gives birth to her sixth cub at the San Diego Zoo, setting a record for most pandas born to one mother outside of the endangered species' native China. [Los Angeles Times]
BAD DAY FOR:
Riders on the new Superman Ultimate Flight roller coaster at Six Flags in northern California get stuck, anticlimactically, at the very top of the coaster for two hours. [Newser]
Mom & Pop stores
The world's longest-operating general store closes its doors in Adamsville, R.I., after 224 years in business. [Gawker]
The most trusted name in news
CNN apologizes after playing Pink's "Stupid Girls" right before airing a segment about Sarah Palin. [HyperVocal]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week