OOD DAY FOR:
A divorced couple makes amends and re-marries after 50 years apart. [Death & Taxes]
Raising some dough
Philadelphia is set to open a pizza museum thanks to a successful crowd-funded Kickstarter campaign. [Tecca]
A panda gives birth to her sixth cub at the San Diego Zoo, setting a record for most pandas born to one mother outside of the endangered species' native China. [Los Angeles Times]
BAD DAY FOR:
Riders on the new Superman Ultimate Flight roller coaster at Six Flags in northern California get stuck, anticlimactically, at the very top of the coaster for two hours. [Newser]
Mom & Pop stores
The world's longest-operating general store closes its doors in Adamsville, R.I., after 224 years in business. [Gawker]
The most trusted name in news
CNN apologizes after playing Pink's "Stupid Girls" right before airing a segment about Sarah Palin. [HyperVocal]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week