fter finishing first in the qualifying round, the favored U.S. men's gymnastics team fell victim to nerves and finished fifth in the finals. China took gold. And in a strange scoring snafu, the silver and bronze medals were a matter of dispute for several minutes. Great Britain was originally announced as the silver medalist, and Ukraine was to take the bronze. But in an unprecedented move, the medal order was changed 15 minutes later. The Japanese team took silver after successfully disputing Kohei Uchimera's pommel horse score, which was then revised. As a result, Great Britain took bronze and Ukraine was bumped out of the medal race.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week