fter finishing first in the qualifying round, the favored U.S. men's gymnastics team fell victim to nerves and finished fifth in the finals. China took gold. And in a strange scoring snafu, the silver and bronze medals were a matter of dispute for several minutes. Great Britain was originally announced as the silver medalist, and Ukraine was to take the bronze. But in an unprecedented move, the medal order was changed 15 minutes later. The Japanese team took silver after successfully disputing Kohei Uchimera's pommel horse score, which was then revised. As a result, Great Britain took bronze and Ukraine was bumped out of the medal race.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The executioners' lament
- Is it finally time to start paying college athletes?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- China's massive pollution problem
Subscribe to the Week