hings haven't gone Ryan Lochte's way since he smoked Michael Phelps Saturday in the 400-meter individual medley. On Monday, the U.S. swimming sensation finished a disappointing fourth in the men's 200-meter freestyle, losing to gold-medal winner Yannick Agnel (France), who also raced past Lochte on Sunday in the last leg of the 4x100 freestyle relay — giving France the gold, and sticking Lochte, Phelps, and the other Americans with the silver. Phelps did not race in Monday's 200-meter freestyle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week