Things haven't gone Ryan Lochte's way since he smoked Michael Phelps Saturday in the 400-meter individual medley. On Monday, the U.S. swimming sensation finished a disappointing fourth in the men's 200-meter freestyle, losing to gold-medal winner Yannick Agnel (France), who also raced past Lochte on Sunday in the last leg of the 4x100 freestyle relay — giving France the gold, and sticking Lochte, Phelps, and the other Americans with the silver. Phelps did not race in Monday's 200-meter freestyle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week