Things haven't gone Ryan Lochte's way since he smoked Michael Phelps Saturday in the 400-meter individual medley. On Monday, the U.S. swimming sensation finished a disappointing fourth in the men's 200-meter freestyle, losing to gold-medal winner Yannick Agnel (France), who also raced past Lochte on Sunday in the last leg of the 4x100 freestyle relay — giving France the gold, and sticking Lochte, Phelps, and the other Americans with the silver. Phelps did not race in Monday's 200-meter freestyle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week