BP posts $1.4 billion loss
The BP Soho Gas Station sign defaced in protest of the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
n Tuesday, BP, Britain's second-largest oil company, posted a $1.4 billion loss for the last quarter. The disappointing earnings were mainly attributed to write-downs of valuable assets, including shale gas in the U.S.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week