BP posts $1.4 billion loss
The BP Soho Gas Station sign defaced in protest of the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
On Tuesday, BP, Britain's second-largest oil company, posted a $1.4 billion loss for the last quarter. The disappointing earnings were mainly attributed to write-downs of valuable assets, including shale gas in the U.S.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Why I give money to homeless people
- Hillary Clinton may be a bad campaigner. But she'll probably win anyway.
Subscribe to the Week