BP posts $1.4 billion loss
The BP Soho Gas Station sign defaced in protest of the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
n Tuesday, BP, Britain's second-largest oil company, posted a $1.4 billion loss for the last quarter. The disappointing earnings were mainly attributed to write-downs of valuable assets, including shale gas in the U.S.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- The wrongheaded law that's making your food less safe
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week