BP posts $1.4 billion loss
The BP Soho Gas Station sign defaced in protest of the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
On Tuesday, BP, Britain's second-largest oil company, posted a $1.4 billion loss for the last quarter. The disappointing earnings were mainly attributed to write-downs of valuable assets, including shale gas in the U.S.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week