BP posts $1.4 billion loss
The BP Soho Gas Station sign defaced in protest of the recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
On Tuesday, BP, Britain's second-largest oil company, posted a $1.4 billion loss for the last quarter. The disappointing earnings were mainly attributed to write-downs of valuable assets, including shale gas in the U.S.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week