ritish police have arrested a 17-year-old man over accusations that he sent malicious tweets to British diver Tom Daley after the Olympian failed to win a medal Monday. Daley and his partner Pete Waterfield were the heavy favorites to clinch their country's first gold medal of the London Games in the synchronized 10-meter platform event, but botched their fourth dive and ended up without a medal. That spurred a Twitter user called @Rileyy_69 to tweet to Daley that "you let your dad down I hope you know that." Daley's father died of cancer last year. Although the user later apologized, the diver responded, "After giving it my all...you get idiot's sending me this."
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week