he U.S. women's gymnastics team of Gabby Douglas, Jordyn Wieber, Aly Raisman, McKayla Maroney, and Kyla Ross beat out the Russians by a 5.66-point margin to take home Olympic gold, becoming the first American team to do so since 1996. After exceptional performances from Maroney, who scored a crushing 16.233 on the vault, Raisman finished off the team's dominance with a 15.3 score on the floor exercise, crying tears of joy as the music ended and the win was solidified. The U.S. team finished with a score of 183.596. Russia took silver with a score of 178.530, and Romania took bronze.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
Subscribe to the Week