he U.S. women's gymnastics team of Gabby Douglas, Jordyn Wieber, Aly Raisman, McKayla Maroney, and Kyla Ross beat out the Russians by a 5.66-point margin to take home Olympic gold, becoming the first American team to do so since 1996. After exceptional performances from Maroney, who scored a crushing 16.233 on the vault, Raisman finished off the team's dominance with a 15.3 score on the floor exercise, crying tears of joy as the music ended and the win was solidified. The U.S. team finished with a score of 183.596. Russia took silver with a score of 178.530, and Romania took bronze.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
- China's massive pollution problem
- Fear of dying alone drives women AND men into bad relationships
- Laura van den Berg's 6 favorite unconventional mystery novels
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
Subscribe to the Week