OOD DAY FOR:
A Bollywood star becomes the first Indian woman to appear on the cover of Playboy. [Business Insider]
Twitter introduces cashtags, which are clickable stock symbols similar to hashtags that allow users to track tweets about stocks. [Newser]
The real Slim Shady
Rapper Eminem becomes the most liked person on Facebook, garnering more than 60 million fans. [Daily Dot]
BAD DAY FOR:
A group of women allegedly stabs a man on the subway after he tells them to quiet down. [Gothamist]
The popularity of electronic keyboards reportedly leads an increasing number of people to throw away their pianos, dismantle them for scrap, or burn them as firewood. [The New York Times]
Police arrest a man who was allegedly attempting to smuggle 45 Snickers bars filled with crystal meth into the U.S. [Consumerist]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 30, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week