OOD DAY FOR:
A Bollywood star becomes the first Indian woman to appear on the cover of Playboy. [Business Insider]
Twitter introduces cashtags, which are clickable stock symbols similar to hashtags that allow users to track tweets about stocks. [Newser]
The real Slim Shady
Rapper Eminem becomes the most liked person on Facebook, garnering more than 60 million fans. [Daily Dot]
BAD DAY FOR:
A group of women allegedly stabs a man on the subway after he tells them to quiet down. [Gothamist]
The popularity of electronic keyboards reportedly leads an increasing number of people to throw away their pianos, dismantle them for scrap, or burn them as firewood. [The New York Times]
Police arrest a man who was allegedly attempting to smuggle 45 Snickers bars filled with crystal meth into the U.S. [Consumerist]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 30, 2012
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The secrets of happy families
- Battle in a blizzard
- Did God have a wife?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week