OOD DAY FOR:
A Bollywood star becomes the first Indian woman to appear on the cover of Playboy. [Business Insider]
Twitter introduces cashtags, which are clickable stock symbols similar to hashtags that allow users to track tweets about stocks. [Newser]
The real Slim Shady
Rapper Eminem becomes the most liked person on Facebook, garnering more than 60 million fans. [Daily Dot]
BAD DAY FOR:
A group of women allegedly stabs a man on the subway after he tells them to quiet down. [Gothamist]
The popularity of electronic keyboards reportedly leads an increasing number of people to throw away their pianos, dismantle them for scrap, or burn them as firewood. [The New York Times]
Police arrest a man who was allegedly attempting to smuggle 45 Snickers bars filled with crystal meth into the U.S. [Consumerist]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: July 30, 2012
- WATCH: Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly spar over the Obama scandals
- How the White House's war on media backfired
- A linguistic dissection of 7 annoying teenage sounds
- WATCH: Suspect defends brutal beheading of London man in broad daylight
- Is Greek yogurt hurting the environment?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Sadly, you are uglier than you think
- Did IRS official Lois Lerner waive her right to silence?
- The FBI kills Tamerlan Tsarnaev's friend: 4 things we know [Updated]
- The politics behind Kanye West's 'New Slaves'
- Are we on the cusp of a solar energy boom?
- Why Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn doesn't want tornado relief money
- WATCH: Jon Stewart hates everyone in Washington now
- LIVE UPDATES: Massive tornado tears through Oklahoma City area
- Angry at the government? 5 ways you can fight back
- 7 purported health benefits of drinking coffee
- What is a quantum computer — and why does Google need one?
- Why NASA is funding a 3D pizza printer
- The cool backstory of the Slurpee